We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Just do it!
One of the things in my life that I have been wanting to do for a long time is trying to do some crafts. I am not someone who has a lot of talent in the area (unless it is well hidden). I decided to put my ‘money where my mouth is’ and use this method to get going.
There are many reasons (excuses) you may be avoiding doing these things. I have thought a lot about this and these are my biggest ones:
- Fear of failure
- This is definitely one for me on this project. I have tried different craft projects in the past and they look nowhere what the example shows. Have you seen those pictures of Pinterest fails that float around from time to time? But does it matter what it looks like if it brings you pleasure or helps you to relax?
- No time
- This is another great excuse for me. I just have no time but in reality I could be doing this in the evening instead of watching tv. Depending on the craft you pick, you can do it while watching tv.
- Don’t know where to start
- It is easy to say that you don’t know where to start or what pattern to start with, etc. But, that is just an excuse. With the internet, pinterest, youtube there are patterns everywhere.
Below are a few steps that MIGHT make it easier for you:
- Stop and think of why you are avoiding it. I would like to be able to do things as easily as some of my friends. They just throw something together and it looks great. I have to really work on craft projects. But reality is I just have to work harder on it. Everyone has different things they are good at.
- Break it into small steps. I decided that I am going to start with a simple crochet project that is the basic step. I already know how to crochet from my younger days but haven’t done it in years. So, I took the time to hunt up a simple pattern on Pinterest. I do warn you that getting on Pinterest is dangerous as you can spend WAY too much time on there.
- Get the materials together. I had to dig out my crochet hooks and yarn. Sime I am testing my skills, I did not rush out and buy new supplies.
- Make the time. I am going to do this in the evenings while my husband and I watch TV after supper. Since this is an easy pattern, I hope to be able to do it without a lot of though. We will see.
It can be done. It will make you feel better. You do not have to be great at it, just enjoy it. This could apply to a craft or even a new start of education. We reinvent ourselves many time during our time here so make it fun!
So, get off your duff and do it!